Assertiveness is the ability to express yourself and your rights clearly without necessarily violating anyone else’s rights. That means you get to have your way, without offending anyone else.
Assertiveness will help you get what you really want. Assertiveness requires direct, open, and honest communication between people. This can be between you and an associate, a friend, or spouse.
This kind of open communication will make everyone feel better about themselves and each other. More importantly, it will help develop and maintain healthy relationships with friends, loved ones, and co-workers.
What can you learn from this book?
- How to develop healthy relationships.
- The huge difference between assertiveness and aggressiveness.
- The universal fear of majority of people.
- Why certain behavioural patterns will not continue to work for you.
- How to say “No” nicely to your boss who keeps on delegating his own project to you.
- Why people continue to say “yes” when they want to say “no”?
- Why being the “go-to” person can be disastrous to your health and career.
- How to stop feeling guilty for saying “no”.
- How to apply assertiveness in scenarios involving confrontations.
- The significance of a boundary line.
- How to ensure that your rights are protected.
- How to get your spouse to treat you with consideration and respect.
- One of the biggest roadblocks to asserting yourself.
- How to teach your children to be assertive.
- Assertiveness training for the non-assertive.
- How to effectively boost your self-confidence.
- How to fully eliminate negative self-talk.
- How to speak the assertive language.
- How to apply assertiveness in the area of conflicts and problem solving.
- How to be assertive in a meeting or interview, and get the recognition you deserve.
- How saying “yes” all the time could lead you to an early grave.
- Vital steps you must follow to successfully resolve a conflict with another co-worker.
- The biggest obstacle to your child’s personality development.
- How to apply assertiveness to counter negative people.
- How to adjust your behaviour to get what you really want.
- How to cure “the disease to please”.
- How to earn respect for your actions and decisions.
- How to teach people how to treat you.
- How to develop your children in becoming good listeners, excellent conversationalists, and self-confident, assertive individuals.
- How to assertively ask for a raise.
And a whole lot more!
A complimentary audio book is included.